Friday, October 26, 2007

Vegetables for Dinner


Last night I tried something new for dinner.
We had homemade chicken nuggets, rice and brownies for dinner. What made them different, is that there was broccoli in the chicken nuggets and carrots and spinich in the brownies!!
The chicken nuggets were fine, good. The meat was very tender and they tasted good...they didn't look so good. Dad said he likes the taste of look of caramelized food. I don't think he was teasing. The nuggets weren't burnt.
Brownies were a different story. This morning, Quinn was clever enough to read more of the instructions, which were to NOT eat the brownies until they were completely cooled. If you eat them while they are still warm, you will taste the spinach. Well, we all tasted a mighty taste of spinach brownie, and we all spit out tiny bite out in the trash. It was funny.
This morning, after Quinn read the full instructions, I tried some more of the brownies. They were shockingly good after last nights disaster. I am sending one to school with Kylie for Mrs. Sarrail to taste. I told her yesterday about our dinner plans.
Zak gave me an A for effort.

No comments: