Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Excuse My Staring


I did not feel so well today. My leg hurt, my back really hurt. I reminded myself of "little Peggy Ann McKay"
"I have the measles and the mumps, A gash, a rash and purple bumps..."
I finally figured out by the afternoon to take a few pills, (what took me so long!) which I did. They did eventually help me, but in the mean time stuff had to happen.
I went to the grocery store to get ingredients for Tacos for dinner, (they were good). While walking from my car to the store, I noticed a woman's nice, clean, brushed, fixed, enviously styled hair. I just stared at her as she walked from the door out to her car. I finally got a hold of myself and realized I was really staring (it took my mind off my pain). I was embarrassed, so I just blurted out "I really like your hair!" She said, "what"? So I repeated myself, "I like your hair!" She nodded, as you would to a small, odd child. Well, whatever, I continued on into the grocery store, getting in line for the bank to deposit a bit of money for Christopher. The "pretty hair lady" walked up to me and handed me one of those magnetic calendars with her picture on it. I am not sure what she said, she had a heavy chinese accent. I thanked her. It was a tad embarrassing, but kind of funny.

No comments: