Thursday, October 16, 2008

True Story



I went to Griffin's school today to fulfill my assignment to help in the computer lab. I just have to help the children with questions while they do a project on the computer, not hard, but nicely interactive with the class.

I got there only to see another mother already there. I tried to talk to her and find out why she was there on my day. I was VERY nice! Sadly, the mother didn't really speak ENGLISH! Another Asian mother had to translate for me.

She had a schedule that showed it was her turn. Fine. I left. I hope Griffin and the rest of his class can understand the Chinese language.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That's funny. When you said she didn't speak English I assumed she was Hispanic (because that's what most of Pasadena's non-English speakers are), but I guess Arcadia is very different!
I think it's good that she wanted to be involved in her kid's class even though she can't speak English. I do wonder how it turned out though, hahah.
Sorry you went over there for nothing!