Sunday, August 17, 2008

Church Day



We ALL got to church today! Some hobbling, some crying, but we got there!


Sis Terrill spoke about marriage and so did Pres. Magnusson.


One of the things Pres. Magnusson said about having a good and happy marriage, family life, was DON'T sit on the couch yelling at your children!


I looked back at my children, some sitting behind me, with a laugh, Steven was pointing at me; as that is what I do of late to get some help. I thought it was funny. I know what Pres. Magnusson really meant! Nothing like a nice, light moment in church.


We had our usual hamburgers for dinner. Everyone looked at everyone else to see who would make the burgers. I knew it wouldn't be me!
Christopher stepped up to the plate with apparent fabulous results. Each child came into the room I was sitting in to show me how GREAT their burger was, and why couldn't I make them that good!
Now Christopher is going to have to stay home until mid September to be in charge of our burgers! Ha, ha.
One other funny Sunday story. Kerry came home from church after doing his duties. I can't remember what he said, it was something like "this is their last Sunday...." Griffin perked right up, "what, there are no more Sundays?" He said with hope in his voice. It was funny.

1 comment:

Nana said...

I think I feel just the way that Griffin does!! And probably most people if the truth were known. Sometimes, the real truth will only come out of the mouths of Babes. Way to go Griffin!! This is what Dad/Bumpa said while we were walking this morning, "I wonder what people do on Sundays, who don't go to church?"