Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Little Primary Singing....

I got this post from Hannah Terrill's blog...Wouldn't It Be Nice.

If you are in primary, have primary children, have read the recent handbook for the LDS church, are in a major calling at church, you will enjoy this:

And church yesterday was fabulous. It was the ward Primary program, so instead of a regular Sunday service, the children in the congregation sing songs and give talks and cuteness abounds. And it was really inspiring. There are great kids in our ward, and great leaders. And the Primary president had us join in singing "I've Got Peace Like A River" with the kids, which is probably a little unorthodox because it's not a Primary song (ummm I'm not really sure what kind of song it is, but it is awesome), but I didn't care because there was nary a dry eye in the audience and it was the little boost I needed to get through the week. And then after the program was over my two Cub Scouts (who read parts that they wrote for the program) ran up to me with open arms yelling "Hannah! Hannah!" and I melted a little bit because maybe I am doing something right with the busyness that is my life.

I had the song stuck in my head most of the day, and I hummed it to myself on the way to work, and now I'm feeling a little better about what I thought would be a miserable Monday.




It kind of makes you giggle, right?
I love the fact that the CONGREGATION sang that. I love that it made Hannah feel happy and light. Isn't that what church is really all about? Sometimes it's the spirit of the law and not the letter of the law.

2 comments:

hanner said...

thanks for the shout-out julie! i think our ward is pretty good at following the rules, but the random unorthodox moments keep the visitors coming back... :)

Nana said...

I wish we could do that here. My Bishop would probably have a heart attack. I mostly tell the two counselors we need some soul music!