Monday, April 13, 2009

What's a Skillet?

Chase wrote a very funny letter this week. Here is a taste. If you want more, go here:
(For those who don't know, Chase is serving a mission in Texas. He is currently in the city of Richmond. He is a fabulous person.) If you would like to know more about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, go here.

From Chase:
So..last week I saw some Bratwursts (basically big hot dogs) in Wal-Mart and I decided to buy them because I remember last year before a BYU football game someone made some and they were really good. I didn't really have any idea about how to cook them, but I knew I would figure it out. Well, on the back it gave you instructions on how to cook them. You could either cook them on the BBQ or in a skillet. I didn't know how to work the Randall's BBQ so I knew I had to cook it in the skillet. The only problem is that I had no idea what a skillet was. By the way, my companion bought some too, so we were both trying to figure this out. We looked in all the cupboards for something that looked like a "skillet." Well, soon Sister Randall came home and she saw us looking around for this skillet thing and so we turned around and asked her what the heck a skillet is. She laughed and laughed and told us its a frying pan. Well, now I know what a skillet is, but I have no idea why they don't just call it a frying pan.

1 comment:

Nana said...

I laughed and laughed just like Sis. Randall. I think "skillet" is southern for frying pan.