Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Few Promised Pictures

Kylie told me that she really liked her hair when she say some waves in it. I told her, "I can help with that!" So I gave her a permanent!! Here she is with her regular, non-wavy hair: With the rollers in it!


All done, a little wavy!



from the back





---------------------------------------------------


ON FATHER'S DAY
I made Kerry a homemade lemon meringue pie!
Here is the crust:
I got the recipe from Elizabeth - thanks. She also told me to roll the dough out between 2 pieces of wax paper. I had never heard that before. It worked like a dream.
Here we are with the lemon in it. This part came from Paula Dean.

And the Meringue
I think it took around an hour from start to finish.
It was VERY good!
--------------------------------------------------------
On Friday, June 26th, Kylie's friend, Lydia called and asked Kylie to go the beach. Griffin was so disheartened, he wanted to go to. So, all the "we" that was left at home picked up and went to the beach too. The "We" was: me, Griffin and Christopher! We met the Jensen's there. It was fun.
Look up close, Kylie is loaded with sand in her newly permed hair. So nice.

Kylie and Griffin

Christopher

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad it turned out! I was wondering how it went. It looks yummy.

Nana said...

For sunner, the BEACH is the best place for kids. So glad Fin got some of you there. Looks like you had a great time. And I loved Kylie's hair. How fun to have a little different look. I'm glad she and lydia are good friends. Ask Christopher is he opens door for his dates - particularly Trish. I'm sure he does. I would feel so bad if he didn't. (although he did get into the house and she came second.) mmmm, I hope it's not what I think it was.

Nana said...

OH, by the way, the pie looks fabulous. You know, I don't think I've ever made a pie! When growing up I always got the dinners, and sister Margie would make the desserts! When I got married, I guess we didn't have toomany goodies (we did have cookies that I made) until Julie was born. I still remember the cookies and milk she woke us up with after our sunday naps. mmm good!