Friday, January 21, 2011

Google AdSense

I don't know if it makes sense, but we had a big discussion last night about adding adds to our blog. "We could make money".

Then it was compared to my saving water bottles, etc.
Then someone said that we could make more with the adds per month than the water bottles...that was quickly taken back.

I really think people I know....Christopher, Heather(?) have done this AdSense thing. Did you, have you? Are you glad you did, did you make any money? Have you known anyone that did this and made money? Don't you need a readership of 500,00 people per day to really make $100 a month?

That's my take.
But I am willing to try.
I think the add will pop up in 48 hours, or 10 minutes, who knows?
Click on it when you see it.
Let's give this experiment a go!

5 comments:

Christopher said...

Well as you know, this is how I paid for my mission.

I haven't checked my stats in a long time. I was shocked! I'm currently making over $2 per 1000 ad impressions. Normally I would expect that number to be more around $0.20. If I was making $2 per 1000 impressions during my mission, I'd have been making over $200/day. Now I make maybe $30/month I think.

Christopher said...

By the way, what you earn per 1000 impressions (this is called a CPM) depends on how often people click on your ads.

DON'T click on your own ads. They'll find you and take all your money away if you do.

hillary nicole said...

I have been wondering about this for a while. Do you get to choose the ads that go on? And do they change on their own?

Heather said...

I think it's completely a blight to a blog unless you get 800 hits a day or more. I have friends who have done this and have received payouts of .5 over the course of a couple months. On the other hand, maybe your blog will take off and become the next big thing! You never know :) I've never done it because like I said, I don't get enough hits (only about 150/day) to make it worthwhile.

That's my two cents :)

Christopher said...

No, you don't get to choose your ads, and yes, they do change on their own. If there is an ad for a company you don't want or like, however, you can blacklist a particular ad so it doesn't appear on your site.