Thursday, September 11, 2008

Wrong Number

This old, southern sounding man has called this house about 6 times in the last 8 weeks. He asks for someone, a name that I cannot even repeat it sounds so odd. I ALWAYS think it is STEVEN. I respond by asking if it is Steven making some joke. He continues to ask for the other person. I finally realize it is not Steven playing a joke. I tell him he has the wrong number.

It just happened again. It is not a joke. It is a poor, old man that has our phone number confused with the object of his affection.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oooooooh my gosh. The same thing has been happening to me lately. Only he doesn't have a southern accent. It's some old guy from Lindon. I hope he's not looking for his daughter or something, that would be sad!

Nana said...

Maybe it really is Steven!!