Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sports Talk With Mom



A couple days ago I was asking mom a lot of questions about our FF league and football in general, and this is a report of some of the stuff she says.

Over-all mom decided after our first 2 weeks, the numbers lie. the projections mom used to live by aren't reliable, so the new thing is how much "football knowledge you have"

The first thing I ask her was who's the best person in the league. Ultimately she says Dad's team is the best; but the 3 main big "SupremeO's" of our league are:
1. Dad
2. Chase
3. Zak
Dad's team got the most points of everyone both weeks and mom thinks he has the most football knowledge, so he gets the top spot
Chase's team did real well both times, and he's 2-0, so he's number 2.
My team is number 3 greatly because I have the second most football knowledge. It is notable that I am a SupremeO but Steven is not when my record is 1-1 and stevens is 2-0. that is becuase steven doesn't have good football knowledge and he's only 2-0 only because he played Quinn and Mom (two stank teams) and my loss is against Chase (a good team). Also, I outscored Steven both times.

then I asked mom who the worst team was. First she (surprisingly) said her team was the worst. Then she changed her mind saying she can't decide who the WORST is, but she says teh bottom three are her, Christopher and Quinn. She thought about it for a long time, and a lot of thoughts came out. She said quinn can't be last becuase Quinn's team is better than Christophers (Christopher tries really hard, but we talk about FF all the time and Chrisopher is low on the Football Knowledge scale).
The only teams mom hasn't mentioned yet were Steven's and Kylie's, so I asked which of the two was better; she couldn't decide.
So the final Mom Rankings are:
1. Dad ---2. Chase ---3. Zak ---4./5. Kylie/Steven (they are tied) ---6./7./8. Quinn, Chrisopher, Mom (but quinn is higher than chrisopher so he can only be 6/7)

Also, Mom is ANGRY at Christopher for taking Aaron Rodgers; he said he was gonna get Matt Cassel! Aaron was her guy!
The only other interesting thing that I asked was Who will get more wins, the Rams or Mom's FF team. She couldn't decide; but when she said "I can see myself getting zero wins" I said that the lowest I've seen the Rams projected was to win 3 games, then mom said "oh, then the rams are better".

these are all things mom said and are all Mom's opinions, not mine.

8 comments:

Zak said...

the picture in the middle of the post is a mongoose on top of a defeated/dead walrus
(my team over steven's)

Quinn said...

zak did help mom in her decisions very much though

Christopher said...

Zak, lets just say you have no chance this week. My team took 2 weeks to figure things out, and now they're ready to roll. And I told Mom I was getting Aaron Rodgers, but she confused it for Matt Cassel. I'm glad I could cause some problems though.

Steven said...

I am not surprised at all that Zak convinced mom to rank him above me. We'll see what happens this week. I am projected to beat DAD, the head "SupremeO" so I suspect he is shaking in his boots.

In other fantasy-online games news, I am now the monarch of my kingdom in Utopia (1:21). It only took 3 defects to make it happen, but now I am there. If zak wants a chance to be in my kingdom, a lot of people just defected out...

Julie/mom said...

I must say that Zak is quite an interviewer. No wishy-washy answers are good with him, you MUST be definite, and he keeps at you until you are! He did not influence me, but he did MAKE me find and announce my opinion. I hated to say it, but I said it.

I do think this weeks games will be VERY exciting, as CJ and I have both changed up our teams! We'll see who ranks SUPREME this week!

Zak said...

I did NOT influence any of mom's decisions. Maybe the one where I asked her about the rams, but thats it. And I already consider my game won this week, especially since this is gonna be Steven Jackson's breakout week, I project him to get somewhere in the 20's. This week NONE of the SupremO's are projected to win (shows how accurate the projections are) but none of us are nervous. I would totally play in your kd steven, I stopped playing, my old kd was becoming too pro at removing inactivs, and too bad at everything else. But I think the only way I can get into ur kd is if I get a username/password.

Julie/mom said...

I do think I will win this week!!

Steven said...

Zak, in regards to Utopia, I can make an unlimited amount of emails that end in byu.net - so if you want to just make up random emails, I can make the account and then you can try it. I can only have 1 at a time though.