Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Doctor's Visit

I had my doctor's appointment today. The doctor said, once again, that it was quite a break that I did. The surgery was beautiful, what was so bad was that I broke most of my ligaments. Those still need time to heal. So, he is not ready to take the screws out yet. I can start to put weight on my leg. I got a new cast (pictures are below!). Dad is going to get me a cast boot that I wear over my cast to keep it cleaner. At the end of September, I will have another surgery to take the screws out. Then I will get the walking boot thing.

I have put a bit of weight on my leg. It hurts some and I am a chicken. I will slowly, but surely add more weight. Steven, how long did it take you until you were fully walking on your leg? Just curious.

My old cast is off. You can see where my skin has peel off. The nice technician washed my leg with alcohol. Here, I am trying to decide what color of cast to choose next.
The absorbing stitches.
Here is the technician.
Here he is wrapping cotton around my leg.
More cotton.
And he is telling me to bend my ankle some more, which hurt.

Casting....
I picked light blue.
Here he is squeezing my ankle and leg.
That wasn't pleasant.
My new, blue cast.

3 comments:

Steven said...

I can't remember. It was a few days after I got the walking cast. Maybe like 4 weeks.

Julie/mom said...

My foot/ankle hurts so much tonight. I feel like it is being held by a vice. No more using it today!

So, once you got your walking cast, you took a few days until you were actually walking without crutches?

Nana said...

Steven's bones are younger and stronger than yours. And please be careful when you lose those crutches. I hope this well be your last break! But you chose a good color and you look good.