Monday, October 4, 2010

Poppycock!


This stuff makes me crazy; and I don't mean the popcorn!

Apparently Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins broke up some time ago. I had no idea; nor do I care. BUT, she must have some new movie or something coming out because she has been interviewed lately and they spoke about her break-up. This is what she says:

"You bring people into your life at certain times," she says. "Maybe you have a relationship to have children, and you realize that it's fulfilled after that point."

So now they just drifted apart.

Satan will tell you 9 truths to tell you one lie: this is one of his lies...we just drifted apart; it's no one's fault; we were just meant to be together for that short time.

That is not the way it really works. Marriage means that you both agree to love and support one another through the good times and the bad times. When it gets boring, you don't walk away, you fix it. That is what a commitment is. I don't care that Susan and Tim broke up. I care that she is putting out there that this is just one of life's little things...you just drift apart, so then you break up.

Poppycock! If you want to break up; go ahead; but if you really wanted to stay together you would work it out.

**ok, not to be offensive to any, but I do realize some marriages will end in divorce. I just think it is a sad thing to let it drift off....

That's my soapbox for the day.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I hadn't heard that she said that, and I agree, it's rather disgusting. I personally never expected marriage to take hard work, despite hearing that my entire life. Come to find out, it takes work to have a happy marriage. We have said twice now, after some hard things have happened, that we were just going to 'start over', in essence, forgive, forget, and move forward.

I think that our society has adopted a 'lazy' mentality, so that when it gets tough, it's easier to just give up instead of find a solution. It's sad. I feel really lucky to have married Steven, because he's willing to work just as hard as I am to have a successful marriage.

On a side note, Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins are annoying in their politics, so I've never liked them. Stick to acting, not politics.

The end.