Friday, February 19, 2010

Does Jesus Believe In Candy In Heaven?

While helping in Griffin's classroom the other day, somehow I got into this discussion with a little girl and a little boy:

me: wouldn't it be so nice if we could eat as much cake and candy as we wanted and not get fat?

girl: when you go to heaven you can!

me: really!

girl: yes, that's what heaven will be like!

boy (with a somewhat strained look on his face): nobody is going to heaven!

girl: if you believe in Jesus you will go to heaven!!

hmm, I could see that this could be quite the debate, but it was not the right time for a discussion on the plan of happiness; the teacher was watching; the kids were supposed to be working on their short and long E vowel sounds. So I said:

me: I guess we will find out what happens when we all die!

No comments: