Friday, May 15, 2009

Dinner Success!

While watching Martha Stewart yesterday, she had on her make-up person to tell one of her favorite family recipes. It was for Chicken Enchiladas. Hmm, I like those. I paid attention and then I made them! She did say to make the enchiladas, then put them in the fridge over night (why?) then you bake them the next day. I did. They were great! Try them.

Here is a link to the recipe:

http://tinyurl.com/oluslk

Let me know how you like them.

Now, for the snarky side:
Martha had on a few of her staff sharing their recipes. One of the people was using Filo dough. Martha asked if they ever made the dough from scratch because she had. They had not. That guest had his mother and grandmother in the audience. I thought it was so nice. Then he wanted to make sure he made a plate of food up just for them; Martha said, "oh, for me too!" She promptly picked up one of the plates of food and ate it. She said it was good. That was nice.

Then Martha asked if the Chicken Enchilada girl and her family had made the tortillas from scratch because she had; they had not.

I thought the exchange was funny and really quite "Martha".

No comments: