Tuesday, July 21, 2009

4th of July, or Celebration of Our Independence

Every year our Ward (local church) has a breakfast to celebrate the 4th of July.
Here is the first picture - my children walking to the entrance of the park.
I wish that post was not there. I'm sure you are sorry with me.


Ward members helping serve the breakfast:

The Kimball family ALWAYS has their family reunion on this day. Here they are eating!
They also ALWAYS have matching T-shirts!

Our primary sang "Yankee Doodle Dandy"
Here is a close-up of Kylie
Griffin in the hat
The Primary singing; or just standing, you decide
It was a lovely morning.
LATER:
I went home to start cooking a delicious lunch/dinner
Sadly, I bought some different meat for our Carne Asada; it was yucky...Steven even put his back on the serving dish! At least I didn't burn it.
The potato salad was not quite right.
I was sweaty.
It was an "A" for effort kind of meal.
Then we went to see some big fireworks. They were nice, but the car alarm that went off with every fireworks display was a bit annoying.
All in all it was a nice day; we spent it together as a family!

No comments: